Lamb Shank

                                                        Lamb Shank        



I like lamb shanks,as they don’t smell and they're not dry.
I was impressed to create lamb shank as a result of a few of months past I had Baghali Polow from Shayan Market in Torrance and that’s what the polow came with.
This was my terribly 1st try to I had no plan a way to approach it.
I consulted a few cookbooks and the Internet and found nothing that inspired me. I searched deep within my own bank of culinary knowledge and consulted with The Sous Chef, who didn’t have any knowledge on how to go about preparing lamb shank either.
Determined to make a go at it, I entered the kitchen and began “Lamb Shank Mission.” I say mission because I wanted to make sure that the meat would not

be powerful nevertheless flavourous, yet not too flavorful to overpower the delicate polow.
I was rather affected with myself with the results.
Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, this experiment came out better than my wildest expectations.


So here is my method of creating Lamb Shank, it is a bit labor intensive, but well worth all the steps.




Ingredients
4 lamb shanks, about 3lb
1 large onion
10 garlic cloves, crushed
4 carrots
3 dried Persian Limes
olive oil
salt & pepper
Wash and pat dry lamb shanks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place lamb shanks in a very dutch kitchen appliance and brown for many minutes on all sides to confine flavor.



I know what you're thinking straight away, why did she pick a small dutch oven?
I have no idea.
I do have a much bigger one that i likehowever i assume habit took over.
The one that you simply see in these image is my most sure and fair-haired item to cook with it.
If asked what i'd take with American state on a deserted island, my answer would be our orange dutch oven.
additionally realised that you simply would possibly assume that we tend to love the colour orange around here.




All 3 of our dutch ovens area unit orange and as you'll see one amongst our cutting boards is additionally orange.
I swear, it is all a coincidence.
I, as a matter of realitydon't like orange.
This set of cutting boards came in numerous colours one amongst them being the one you see in these photos.
It was determined that as a result of it had been a color not well likableit might be the selected board upon that meat and fish area unit cut in our house.
Now, back to the recipe.
Sprinkle lamb shanks with salt and pepper then flip them over to brown the alternative aspect.

In the mean time, crush garlic cloves. Cut onion and carrots.

If you have got celery reachable, you might want to add that to the mix.
It is actually great for flavoring. I didn’t have any. PS.
please note the white chopping board accustomed cut non-meat stuff.
I know, we are a bit anal sanitary! Bear with me.
Remove lamb shanks from dutch kitchen appliance and place aside.



Add a touch of oil to the pot and add veggies.
Saute for many minutes till onion turns clear.
You are essentially doing all the necessary steps for a braise.
Give Persian Limes a bit crush and raise the veggies.
Place lamb shanks on top.
Cover with a pair of cups of water and season with some salt to provide the broth some flavor.
Cover the dutch oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 2 hours. Half way through move the pieces around making sure that the parts exposed don’t dry up.

This is however it ought to look once it come back comes out of the kitchen appliance 2 hours later.
The level of the liquid ought to have bated into a delicious juice flavoured by the veggies and therefore the meat ought to be tender.



Yum! Look at that delicious and juicy lamb shank!

When serving with Baghali Polow you would possibly need to pour a number of the meat juice over the rice for additional flavor.
You won’t be sorry, I promise!

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.