Sweet Egg Bread Toast

                                                      Sweet Egg Bread Toast







sometimes i'm all organized in terms of what i'm attending to cook throughout the week. I account for main courses, leftovers, lunches, sides, vegetables. And sometimes life gets in the way and I end up on Friday night with a fridge full of eggs, bread, milk and chicken… And no will to cook.And then it hit me – French Toast! I love dish, but for some reason I make it very rare. I had some leftover seasoning Egg Bread and even some cream (which is rare in my kitchen), so it was perfect. While combining up the egg batter i believed that I wished to feature some reasonably twist to the plain humble dish. Cinnamon felt too breakfast . ginger – too Christmas but since it was dinner time, I thought that Cayenne pepper would be an interesting combination. And was I right!!!



This is what happened last week. It was 6pm, it was getting dark outside and here I was, standing in front of the opened fridge and thinking. It was definitely too late to cook chicken , so I crossed this option off the possible dinner ideas. The only issue that came to mind was Eggs. Breakfast for Dinner! I love it! But then again, I ran out of vegetables, I had no bacon or deli meat to fry up and cooking potatoes also seemed too daunting for my hungry belly.Egg bread or brioche – 6 slices



Eggs – 3 extra large
Milk – 2/3 cup
Cream 10% – 1/3 cup
Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
Nutmeg – 1/8 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Butter for frying – about 1 teaspoon
In a giant bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cream until all smooth and incorporated.
Add sugar, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt and mix well.
Heat the pan on medium heat, add a little bit of butter and let it melt.
Add bread slices to the egg mixture 2 at a time, let them sit in the bowl for about 30-45 seconds.

Place the soaked bread onto heated pan and cook for concerning 2-3 minutes till they begin to urge golden color.

Turn the bread onto the opposite aspect and cook for one more 3-4 minutes or till either side ar golden and also the toast is firm and au gratin through.
Repeat with the remaining bread slices.Interesting – I wouldn’t have thought to make french toast with spice, but I think I would like it! Great idea. This is undoubtedly one thing I may place to figure as a result of your state of affairs with coming up with meals then not having time/energy to form them is that the story of my life

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.